About This eCommerce Podcast
Build My Online Store is a free eCommerce seller podcast that has been online since 2012!
What Are Listeners Saying?
“As an e-commerce business owner I find this show extremely informative and entertaining!
Build My Online Store – Tyler Fisk
“It’s so nice to hear people who actually own shop sites selling physical goods and not just intellectual data.”
Build My Online Store – David Alewine
“It’s a must listen to podcast.”
Build My Online Store – JbseattleListeners like you!
Full Build My Online Store eCommerce Podcast Episode List
#202: 7 E-Commerce Tips From Travis In 2017September 26, 2017
#201: Moved to NYC & New Mobile Cart Recovery ToolJune 25, 2017
#200: Performance Nut Butter’s Kickstarter Launch by TravisMay 9, 2017
#199: How To Get Amazing Product Photos For FreeFebruary 5, 2017
#198: 5 Elements Of A Crowdfunding Campaign PageJanuary 22, 2017
#197: Kickstarter Launch Strategy Of Performance Nut ButterJanuary 15, 2017
- #196: Our Personal & Business Goals For 2017
- #195: Year End Review For 2016
- #194: Lessons From Self-Learning PPC in 2016
- #193: When Should You Take A Break?
- #192: The Amazon Expansion Plan with Kiri Masters
- #191: Our 30-Day Challenge, Part 2: Terry & Youtube
- #190: Our 30-Day Challenge, Part 1: Travis & His New Store
- #189: Lesson From Hiring In The Trenches
- #188: Q3 2016 Updates On Bdancewear & Forever Home Blankets
- #187: First Impressions Of Instagram Stories After 10,000+ Views
- #186: Facebook Ads 101 Q&A Replay
- #185: Q&A on Handwritten Notes, Partnerships, Adwords, Hiring, & Reselling
- #184: Update On Terry’s Kickstarter: Forever Home Blankets
- #183: 6 Creative Ways To Build Links For Your Store
- #182: Q&A on Terry’s New Project: Forever Home Blankets
- #181: Using Postcards To Increase Lifetime Value
- #180: Fighting The Current vs. Going With The Flow
- #179: 10 Email Sequences Your Store Should Have
- #178: Using My Real Karma To Aggregate Online Reviews
- #177: Using Data To Tighten Your Conversions
- #176: Google Hangouts Q&A, March 2016
- #175: 8 Workplace Productivity Tips & Improvements
- #174: Book Review Mashup: Primal Branding & All Marketers Are Liars
- #173: 5 Unusual Growth Strategies For 2016
- #172: Refocus, Rebrand, & Our Renewed Goals For 2016
- #171: How To Conduct A Year-End Review For Your Store
- #170: Bootstrapping vs. Raising Money with Gulnaz Khusainova from Easysize
- #169: A Guide To Live Chat With Jon Tucker From Helpflow
- #168: One Year Birthday Recap For Terry & Travis
- #167: 9 Takeaways From DCBKK And E-Commerce Fuel Live (2015)
- #165: The Definitive Guide To Google Shopping & Product Listing Ads
- #164: How To Solve The Chicken & Egg Problem With Email Marketing
- #163: The Five Stages Of eCommerce Buying Psychology
- #162: One Year Reflection As Co-Hosts & Weekly Mastermind Relaunch
- #161: A Guide To Youtube Analytics For E-Commerce Stores
- #160: 4 Key Youtube Takeaways From VidCon 2015
- #159: A Guide To Migrating eCommerce Shopping Carts
- #158: The Ultimate Checklist For Setting Up An Online Store, Part 2
- #157: The Ultimate Checklist For Setting Up An Online Store, Part 1
- #156: Social Media Audit Of An eCommerce Store
- #155: How To Create Inbound Funnels For Your Online Store
- #154: How To Dominate Your Amazon Listings
- #153: The 22 Immutable Laws Of Marketing (Part 1)
- #152: How Far Do You Plan Ahead In Life?
- #151: 7 Content Ideas To Jumpstart Your Blog
- #150: An eCommerce Guide To Media Manipulation?
- #149: First Impressions On Split Testing With Optimizely
- #148: 5 Ways To Royally Screw Up A Kickstarter Launch
- #147: 6 Things That Will Stress You Out About A Crowdfunding Campaign
- #146: 7 Tips To Grow Your Sales
- #145: Spotlight Marketing & How To Interview Your Customers
- #144: Three Critical Tools To Grow Your Business With Noah Kagan
- #143: News, Updates, And Catching Up With Travis & Terry
- #142: 4 Hidden Truths Nobody Talks About Online
- #141: The State of Google Shopping and Facebook PLAs
- #140: Do You Want A Hard Life Or An Easy Life?
- #139: Should You Self-Fund Or Crowd-Fund A New Product Idea?
- #138: What Things Do You Value Paying For?
- #137: 14 Locations For Digital Nomads & eCommerce Entrepreneurs in 2015
- #136: Getting Started With Facebook Ads Q&A
- #135: A Guide To Teaching Yourself Paid Advertising
- #134: Monthly Meetups, Content Strategy, And Business Updates
- #133: Finding Your 1,000 True Customers (Connectors, Mavens, And Persuaders)
- #132: 6 Business Goals For 2015
- #131: A Roadmap To Scale From $10K To $40K In Monthly Sales
- #130: 6 Accomplishments (And Failures) We Made In 2014
- #129: How To Use Pinterest To Generate Traffic For Your Online Store
- #128: A Roadmap To Automating & Outsourcing Tasks In Your Online Store
- #127: A Beginner’s Guide To Setting Up eCommerce Remarketing
- #126: 12 Productivity Tools And Apps To Become More Efficient
- #125: Lessons From Over 15 Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns
- #124: 9 Movies Every Entrepreneur Should Watch
- #123: Is Your Business Aligned With Your Purpose?
- #122: 8 Improvements To Make For Your Online Store
- #121: A Guide To The Canton Fair And Sourcing Products In China
- #120: 10 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Google Analytics
- #119: 5 Reasons You Should Join A Mastermind (Especially Ours)
- #118: 10 Books Every eCommerce Entrepreneur Should Read
- #117: How To Deal With Feedback, Criticism, And Your Ego
- #116: How We Use Virtual Assistants, Freelancers, And Contractors
- #115: From $1 To $1,000,000 In 5 Years With Trent Anderson
- #114: Living The 1,000 Day Rule – Part 1 of 3
- #113: Mind, Body, And Health. Are You Taking Care Of Yourself?
- #112: 7 Mistakes To Avoid If We Could Start Over Again
- #111: 6 Things That We Are Struggling With In Our eCommerce Stores
- #110: Bringing On A Co-Host!
- #109: How To Create And Execute A Successful PR Strategy
- #108: Site Teardown of #BALLER Leather with Brendan Tully from Pareto eCommerce
- #107: Best Practices In Customer Service With Patrick Speijers from Robin HQ
- #106: 5 Lessons From The Psychology Of Selling [BOOK REVIEW]
- #105: What’s It Like To Move On From Your First Business?
- #104: Branding Lessons From Two Kickstarter Campaigns And Raising $473,106
- #103: A Conversation On Brand Identity And International eCommerce With Luna Vega
- #102: Bundling, Upselling, and Discounting with Jason Myers From Bold Apps
- #101: China Sourcing, Kickstarter, And The Elevator Life With Nick Ramil From Lexell Watches
- #100: Behind The Scenes of BMOS and Q&A Session
- #99: Business Finance 101 And Best Practices With Matt Paulson
- #98: Inside Social Media At The Biggest Brands With Rick Mulready
- #97: eCommerce Content Creation, Curation, and Context with Brian Honigman
- #96: Behind The Scenes Of #BALLER Leather, Part 1
- #95: A Beginner’s Guide To Amazon PPC With Search Scientists
- #94: Selling Classic, High Performance, and Mind-Blowing Men’s Eyewear
- #93: Starting An eCommerce Business At 10 Years Old
- #92: How To Engineer Your Own Serendipity
- #91: European eCommerce And Cross-Border Selling
- #90: eCommerce Conversion Roundtable With Anton Kraly, Johnny FD, and Will Evans
- #89: Where Does Google Shopping (PLA) Fit Into Your Sales Funnel?
- #88: What Can Milkshakes Teach You About Marketing?
- #87: How To Take DIY Product Photos With Lex McColl From Modahaus
- #86: The 80/20 To $100,000 In 3 Months With Ben Hebert From Natural Stacks
- #85: Building A Men’s Lifestyle Brand With Eric Bandholz From Beardbrand
- #84: eCommerce Email Marketing With John McIntyre
- #83: Selling Modern Cat Furniture With Jed Crystal From Hepper
- #82: Rebranding Lessons With Justin Cooke From Empire Flippers
- #81: Brand Building 101 With Pamela Wilson From Big Brand Systems
- #80: How To Handle Fear, Uncertainty, Loneliness, Insecurity, and Validation with Mark Manson
- #79: Changes To The Show, Top 5 Episodes, And Closing Up 2013
- #78: The Art of Winning Back Customers with Will Evans from Chiefs
- #77: Basics Of Brand Equity With Richard Greiner From Huckberry
- #76: 8 eCommerce Lessons With Ian Schoen From The Valet Spot
- #75: Part 3/3 Amazon Series – Fulfillment, Logistics, And Sending Products With Bill D’Alessandro
- #74: Part 2/3 Amazon Series – Product Listings, Descriptions, And Optimizations With Brad DrGraw
- #73: Part 1/3 Amazon Series – Finding A Product And Getting Started
- #72: How To Build A Six-Figure Dropshipping Business From Thailand With Johnny FD
- #71: Nurturing Customer Relationships For Over 40 Years With Kris Damhorst
- #70: Building Brand Equity With Kyle Duford At Chrome Industries
- #69: From Idea To Shark Tank With Mike Hartwick From Surfset Fitness
- #68: eCommerce Design Elements With Jack Zerby From Goodsie
- #67: Sippy Cups, Entrepreneurship, And The Shark Tank With Hanna Lim From Lollaland
- #66: Selling The Best Tropical Fruit Online with Jourdan Gray from Earth Source
- #65: 5 Paradigm Shifts That Happen After Quitting Your Job
- #64: How To Buy And Sell Websites On Flippa With Ophélie Lechat
- #63: Starting A Clothing Label With No Manufacturing Experience – Jeremy Roberts from Tradlands
- #62: Advice From A 20-Year eCommerce Veteran with Joe Palko at 3D Cart
- #61: Why You Must Choose Yourself with James Altucher
- #60: ROUNDTABLE 1 – How Would Ezra Firestone and Andrew Youderian Start An Online Store Today?
- #59: Flubit – A New And Disruptive Way To Shop Online
- #58: Lessons From Running A $6.5 Million Dollar Online Store with Shirley Tan at E-Commerce Systems
- #57: How To Raise $390,977 on Kickstarter With Ryan Beltran From Original Grain
- #56: eCommerce Content Marketing with Damian Thompson From Linchpin.net
- #55: Launching Your Own Cosmetics with Rachel Blistein from Original Moxie
- #54: Behind The Scenes of Product Development with Jimmy Hayes from Minaal
- #53: Running Two eCommerce Stores With Pete Sveen from Think Entrepreneurship
- #52: The 8-Hour Portable Cooler with Noelle Sadinsky from Fridge-To-Go
- #51: Setting Up Cart Abandonment E-Mails with Chris Hexton from Vero
- #50: How To Find A Business Mentor with Tim Conley from Foolish Adventure
- #49: Magento and eCommerce Best Practices with Andy Etemadi from EYEMAGINE
- #48: Bowerbags – Kickstarting The World’s First 3-Way Configurable Bag
- #47: Selling Eco-Friendly Furniture Online with Cris Bucknall from Ecochic
- #46: How to Become A Retail Distributor with Jon Hill from BRANCHED
- #45: How To Niche Down Your Business, Attend Trade Shows, and Build Supplier Relationships
- #44: How To Start An Online Boutique Food Store with Little Island Kitchen
- #43: Inside The Mind Of The Shopper with Dr. Herb Sorensen
- #42: Mompreneur Business Lessons with Jen Menz from The Wall Sticker Company
- #41: How To Pick An eCommerce Shopping Cart with Andrew Bleakley
- #40: Confessions of a 21-Year Old eCommerce Entrepreneur with Alec Matlock
- #39: Google Adwords 101 and AdRoll with Dave Huss from E-Commerce Double
- #38: Selling Licensed Band Merchandise with David Jenyns from Planet 13
- #37: How To Export And Sell Products Online In China with Frank Lavin
- #36: How To Manage Customer Data with David Inniss from San Diego CRM
- #35: Selling Adult Toys with Annemarie Rodda from Addora Live
- #34: eCommerce SEO with David Hehenberger from Shopping Cart Labs
- #33: eCommerce 3.0 with Ezra Firestone from BOOM! by Cindy Joseph
- #32: Behind the Scenes of Super Fast Business with James Schramko
- #31: Copywriting 101 For Your Online Store With Aimee Kunau
- #30: Guerrilla Marketing With Big Richard Condoms
- #29: How To Reduce Shipping Costs with Shipware LLC
- #28: Premiere Collectibles – America’s Largest Autographed and Signed Bookstore
- #27: Four eCommerce Business Ideas To Explore in 2013
- #26: Mindset Lessons From Standup Comedy with Jamarr Johnson
- #25: How To Build A Viral eCommerce Business
- #24: Outsourcing 101 with Replace Myself
- #23: Starlettos – High Heel Protectors from Australia
- #22: E-Commerce Business Fundamentals with The Search Engine Shop
- #21: E-Commerce Insights with Harley Finkelstein, CPO of Shopify
- #20: Nardo’s Natural – Four Brothers and Organic Skin Care
- #19: Online Store Design 101 with Shopify Ninjas
- #18: Online Marketing 101 with Tim Reid from Australia’s #1 Marketing Podcast
- #17: Tower Paddle Boards – Growth, Shark Tank, and Mark Cuban
- #16: Brand Building 101 For Your eCommerce Business with Expert Message Group
- #15: How To Use Google Analytics To Make Marketing Decisions
- #14: How To Drop Ship – Million Dollar Lessons From Andrew Youderian
- #13: The Smart Baker – Wonder What It’s Like To Be On The Shark Tank?
- #12: Nerdbots – Robot Sculptures For Your Inner Nerd
- #11: HitTail – Having Trouble Finding Keywords for Rankings in Google?
- #10: Perfect Foods Bar – Bootstrapping a Multi-Million Dollar Family Business
- #9: CharlieDog and Friends – The World’s First Soft Toys Based
- #8: Geekcook – Quirky Bags, Home Furniture, and DIY Accessories from China
- #7: Vinyl Drops – The Importance of Understanding Your Customer
- #6: Leamington Electric Supply – Taking 25 Years of Experience Online
- #5: Top Condoms Canada – A Shagadelic eCommerce Business
- #4: Modern Cat Designs – A High-End Cat Furniture Business
- #3: All Roads Lead To China – Product Sourcing and Manufacturing
- #2: Starting An Online Clothing Business – Football, Fashion, and Creativity
- #1: Lessons from Selling 10,000+ iPad Cases
Volume 1 (2012-2014): The show originally began as an interview show with other eCommerce store owners that I found online, saw on Shark Tank, or met through various online communities that I’m a part of. Back then I was still working at a finance job at a large bank, and didn’t leave until August 2013 after a year of running this eCommerce podcast. Shortly after I start my first store selling men’s leather wallets (Baller Leather) which has a rocky start and takes a while to find any momentum.
Volume 2 (2014-2016): Travis Marziani, a member of my private eCommerce mastermind selling dance clothing comes on board as a co-host where we talk about our experiences running a store. I dropped the full-time interview format because I was getting burnt out on finding quality guests. We also switched the schedule to bi-weekly, and are much more selective with guests that come on the show. Now the content is a mix of blog posts and podcast episodes.
Volume 3 (2017 – Present): Right now the podcast still focuses on digital marketing and e-Commerce – but there’s a software element being added as I’ve gotten recent work experience at a SaaS company and will be making some of my e-commerce software tools in the future that will help store owners run their operations more efficiently.
Feedback & Reviews on iTunes
Here’s a quick browse of the many reviews on iTunes we have received over the years – both the good, the bad, and the ugly!
So far we count 23 x 3 = 69 reviews, please help us leave a review by following the instructions on iTunes and clicking “ratings and reviews”.
This podcast literally built my online store 🙂
I remember meeting Terry in Bangkok 2 years ago when he was just launching this podcast. Since then I’ve been a loyal listener and the the store I was working on has seen 527% growth over a 2 year period. The proof’s in the pudding!
great interviews with helpful contents
Terry’s interview questions are exactly what we need to know, very straight-forward, informative, and enjoyable. I learned a lot and will recommend to others, cheers!
this podcast is fantastic! I learn so much from each episode. As a new e-commerce store owner, this show keeps me motivated. Keep it coming Terry!
Awesome, actionable advice
Really appreciate this show Terry. Awesome interviews and I’ve already implemented a lot of the ideas on this show in my own online business. Rip, pivot, and jam all day.
Terrible interviewer, good guests
“Can you use an iphone 5 to take pictures?” … Are you serious? You’re asking an entrepreneur who started his own fashion line if he takes pics on an iPhone 5 for his ecommerce site. That’s unprofessional.
EDIT: I feel bad giving a bad review but you should definitely improve your questions and flow. Listen to ecommercefuel and mixergy for examples.
Pete Sveen (DIY PETE)
A must for any e-commerce Entrepreneur!!!
I started listening to Terry’s podcasts a few weeks ago and have learned so much about building an e-commerce store and being successful. He finds top notch guests with excellent advice about SEO, marketing, product sourcing, and other invaluable information. So happy I stumbled upon Terry’s podcast! – Cheers – Pete
Love this podcast!
Great job on this podcast Terry – I am an aspiring e-commerce businesswoman and I’ve been learning a lot from listening. I like how you cover a very wide range of businesses in many fields, a lot of other podcasts only talk about making money online by talking about making money online. These real life examples are much better. Keep up the good work!
Brings true professionalism to ecommerce.
I’ve been blown away at how a “newbie” podcaster could come right out of the gate with such a professional show (I’m jealous of Terry’s interview skills). And on top of that Terry has taken ecommerce out of the over-hyped Internet Marketer world to showcase real businesses doing the hard work to succeed online.
If you’re in ecommerce or planning your own store you owe it to yourself to listen to this show.
~ Tim Conley, The Foolish Adventure Show host
Finally a podcast for commerce stores selling tangible goods!
I can’t tell you how happy I am to have stumbled onto your podcast! I’ve been looking for a very long time for a podcast geared towards e-commerce businesses actually selling physical goods! As an e-commerce business owner I find this show extremely informative and entertaining! My wife and I have already blazed through your first 9 episodes and are eager to see what else you have in store!
super informative podcast
Terry, awesome work! Great job at interviewing e- commerce shop owners and finding out how they developed it, what tools they use, and what works or doesn’t work for them. It’s so nice to hear people who actually own shop sites selling physical goods and not just intellectual data. Your approach is not only helpful but you have managed to create a refreshing atmosphere that i truly enjoy tuning in for. Thanks and keep up the great work! David from The Linen Napkin
Thanks for the podcast! It’s really informative. Keep up the good work.
Tons of actionable knowledge.
I heard about this podcast through a tweet from Michael Michelini. Terry asks great questions, and I have learned something valuable in every episode thus far. Keep a notepad handy while you listen to this informative podcast.
Great its a must listen to podcast
Thanks for always creating a great podcast! The interviews always give me a lot to learn and apply.
Weekly must listen podcast
I listen to Build My Online Store’s podcast every week. It’s easy listening but packed with lots of great information. The last month I’ve been going back and listening to Terry’s older episodes that I missed. The show is one of my must listen weekly podcasts
Really great podcast.
Listened to a few of these and they are generally pretty good. Just listened to episode #90 for the 4th time and decided to write a review. That one in particular is a gem.
I enjoy listening the Build My Online Store Podcast. I generally find most of the topics discussed very helpful.
This is a great podcast with a ton of helpful information. I am just getting started in ecommerce, I am still in the research phase, but I am moving forward…. I’m looking forward to being interviewed on this podcast once I am successful! Gotta aim high, right? Thank you for all the great content
High Quality, Hight Value
This is a fantastic podcast with tons of information. The information is put together in digestible 30 ish minute chunks that will leave a fire in your stomach for business. The hosts are accessible and always willing to help. This is in my top 10 list for sure! Great job guys!
Highly valuable, quality podcast
Been listening to these guys for about 5 months since I started diving into the world of e-commerce. I’ve learned a ton. Each episode is like business school and I’ve got a notepad ready to take notes. Thanks for doing what you do!
Love this one!
I’ve been listening for over a year. I tried a bunch of different E-Commerce podcasts before and this one far exceeded all the others. I learn something every episode. I usually listen while working so I keep paper next to me so I can look up apps or terms or websites they reference afterwards. They both have their own stores so they have experience to back up what they’re talking about…yet it doesn’t get too personal that it’s not relevant to everyone. I recommend it to all my fellow shop owners. Terry & Travis- thanks so much for putting your time into making such a valuable tool for the rest of us!
Entertaining and Informative Podcast
Great information! Both Terry and Travis give sincere accounts of what works and what doesn’t as they help listeners grow their own e-commerce businesses.
Always informative and to the point!
Man, love this podcast!!
Terry and Travis are great hosts and a great team! I’m starting an e-commerce store and I’m always finding myself listening and writing down all the great tips and advice. I love how they draw upon their own experiences and give actionable tips and suggestions. You can tell they are both successful in the e-commerce space but humble at the same time, which makes me think I can succeed as well. Keep up the awesome work!
Really love this show. These two are great hosts; very engaging and insighful. Love listening in.
Great Content with Great Hosts
Great content from knowledgable hosts. I highly enjoy the banter between the hosts. Only reason this is not a 5 star review is that the sound quality of the podcast needs to improve. At times it really hard to hear both hosts which is distracting.
Please Fix Audio
Terry’s audio is not as loud as Travis. I have to adjust my car’s volume between the two. Terry sometime seems like he’s mumbling. Great content but poor audio.
There might be some good content here, but I find it hard to listen to. Because, like, you say “like” too much. Also you like, talk too fast.
One of the few podcast where the host(s) speak on their own ecommerce strategies and obstacles on top of their personal life. Their podcast has more of a Learn with you tone vs telling listeners what they should/ not do.
All in all, i definitely learn a lot from this podcast. Would get a 5 but they haven’t released episodes in a while/ consistently :/
Look for the nuggets of wisdom
Initially I thought this podcast was a lot of rambling and not relevant to me in any way. After listening to a few episodes, I see that there are nuggets of wisdom in each episode, and it’s become interesting to hear the various stories. Did not enjoy at first, and now I really like it. If you’re in the same boat, press on.
Lightbulb! I CAN do this!
I was looking for a starting point, thank you! 4 basic points helped me understand where my strengths and weaknesses would be in starting my store. I have a meeting w my peer group tomorrow and I know exactly what questions to ask also. Logistics segment VERY helpful.
Well done and I WILL share! Thank you, gentlemen!!
JUST WHAT I NEEDED
I am lovinggggg these
I’m amazed at how Terry keeps the interviews focused and always has questions I would never think to ask. Keep it coming! Thanks.
Highly Valuable Series
Great information. Both educational and a great confidence builder.
Learn the how-tos, dos and don’ts when starting an eCommerce business
I’ve always been interested in product sourcing, drop shipping, and distribution, but didn’t know where to start. After listening to Terry’s podcast over the last couple of months, I’ve learned a great deal from experienced insiders who share their honest stories on successes and failures, as well as actionable tips on how to get started on your own business. Terry brings inspiration to those who are stuck in a 9-5 corporate job and are looking for a new change.
Thanks Terry for providing such incredible resources. I look forward to your new episode each week. Cheers.
WOW listen up!
This is really motivating for anyone looking to start or improve their online store. Great job Terry
Useful and Actionable info
Thanks, Terry, for the great insights from your network of successful entrepreneurs with real-world experience. Keep up the great work!
Informative podcast with actionable insight
Terry keeps his podcast straight to the point with actionable insights and interviews about e-commerce. Definitely the best e-commerce podcast that is out there!
Essential info., so-so audio.
I would recommend this podcast to anyone getting into e-commerce. I am currently building my online store, and thank my stars I found this information before I started. The only problem is that some of the (Skyppe?) interviews get garbled to the point that I cannot listen to them all the way through without my blood pressure going up. But in general, wading through the occasional bad audio is worth it.
New Favorite podcast
I really appreciate what you do, your podcast has been helping me with my business in the biggest way. I have burnt through so much content over the past couple of years and I found you and your guests so refreshing and insightful. Your a great host keep it up your changing lives. Thanks again man
Really enjoy these podcasts by Terry. I have learned something valuable each time I listen. Great Audio too…
Awesome Podcast for eComm people or just entrepreneurs in general!
Terry does an excellent job of asking the right questions. I love that the format isn’t as structured as some podcast which leaves room for the guests to really tell their story. This is a great resource for someone looking to get into eCommerce.
I enjoy listening to others discuss how they have become or are becoming successful. Your show provides great content for those that are building online businesses.
Love your show.
Your show aligns w/ what I’m in the process (you helped me through the prototyping in China process a few moths back) of creating & I simply want to say thank you!
For anyone who wants to start an commerce store, Terry’s show is essential!
With positive energy ~
Brandon @ CoolMarketingGroup
Terry is the man
I’m selective with my time when it comes to listening to eCom related podcasts. Terry is one of my favorites. His questions of guests are great and the info that comes out is priceless. Keep up the great work Terry!
Alex from MudGear.com
Fantastic eCommerce Brand Advice
Terry produces the best podcast I’ve found for building an eCommerce business and launching your own niche brand. Looking forward to 2014 episodes with even more brand building focus, but there’s some solid gold in the archives as well – well worth the listen.
Terry Is Awesome – Learn How to Become an Ecommerce Entrepreneur
Terry, Just gotta say you are providing all of us with such a great motivational and informative podcast. As someone currently building my second site I have found so much of your interview content to help me move in better directions with this business and spark new ideas. You help me tap into the energy and excitement that other ecommerce entrepreneurs experience, you have great interviewing skills, and I honestly had just found out about your podcast in the last few weeks and have listend to nearly every one (think I have 10 more or so to be fully caught up). Great Job, keep it up, and thank you!
Best Small Biz Podcast So Far
Honest, humble, and intelligent host with interesting guests. Unlike other hosts in this niche, Terry knows what questions to ask and how to follow them up and/or summarize the guest’s answers. I often find myself saying, “Oh! Great question!”
E-Commerce, marketing, sourcing, shopping carts, design, photography, OH MY THIS PODCAST ROCKS!
After each podcast I’m left with a golden nugget of information that enables me to stand apart from the rest. I’ve been building/sourcing my products, creating an online store for 6 months and each week I’ve tuned into Terry’s podcast to hear his interviews with his awesome guests. Terry asks down to earth questions that haves helped me build a foundation of my online store and marketing plan. In some areas I’ve pivoted after I’ve listened because I realized from the guest’s experience that my path isn’t the right route. He also has a lot of DIY info which is awesome as a start up. Always listen with a notebook so that you can write down those golden nugget words of wisdom.
Athens Georgia Entrepreneur
Clear, concise, incredible help!
Terry Lin’s podcast is very well done. He is knowledgeable, concise with his interviews, and presents actionable material. I am so thankful to have found his podcast and look forward to a new one each Sunday.
Practical Tips & Amazing Guests to Inspire You!
At the time I found Terry’s podcast I didn’t even an entrepreneurial passion at all. But it was the title of his show that really grabbed me. I’m learning so much, that I’m launching my own store in the next few weeks! This show is the real deal. Learn from the pro’s, so you don’t have to make so many mistakes.
Really enjoying the new format of the show. Good stuff, keep it up.
Such a great find!
I am so glad I found your podcast! I learn something new every time I listen!!! Great job finding interesting E-business owners to interview. Love hearing all their different perspectives!
Gracie’s best friend
Easy to understand and entertaining!!
Terry knows how to get great content and makes it compelling and entertaining, even for us novices to ecommerce.
He knows how to get people to open up and get great advice out of them, with a very fluid interviewing technique.
Great program, very helpful.
I really enjoy the program and the guests. Very good interviews that are packed with actionable information!
A worthwhile listen for anybody looking to break into the online marketplace
I set out a couple months ago to find a quality podcast that would provide valuable information for a beginner looking to break into the ecommerce industry and found Buildyouronlinestore. So glad I did, the information that is uncovered during Terry’s interviews is invaluable to a beginner such as myself. It has really helped point me in the right direction and has given me inspiration and guidance in what it takes to develop my own e-commerce store, which I am now doing! Great stuff, keep up the good work!!
Really enjoy this podcast. Terry is a great interviewer and I love how he is putting the spotlight on micropreneurs and lifestyle businesses. Highly recommended for all internet entrepreneurs!
Chad Ryan, San Diego
Your podcast rocks! Inspiring! Helpful, Great content and Great guests! You are the real deal. Keep them coming.
Exactly what I was looking for! Real businesses online talking about there growth and ideas for what worked and what has not.
I have had a small ecommerce business for about 2 yrs and find many of the same challenges and successes you address.
Keep up the good work! Your podcast has been very helpful and given us some new ideas to grow our business. Thank you!!!
I am new to ecommerce and have been learning a lot from this show. Terry even took the the time to Skype with me for a brainstorming session. Thanks Terry and please keep the episodes coming!
Love the podcast. Would love to hear an episode all about you.. What businesses you have owned what products have you sold.. How you got started etc… All questions you ask your guests.. Keep up the good work! Also thank you for the link for China opportunity podcast.. Very helpful!
Great show- gets right to the point
Thanks for the great show.
Very Awesome Podcast!
Terry does a great job interviewing professionals in the online business world and breaks down the information in such a way to motivate action.
I love it that Terry is both likes to help people at the more entry level of trying to sell products and is easily accessible. I am thankful for a quick reply to a simple Facebook question and a ton of actual ideas that can help my specific situation right now.
A little different than other Im shows. Ecommerce twist makes it unique. Worth a listen.
Awesome podcasts, very helpful. I love the guests you have on, keep up the good work.
All The Right Questions
I’m just getting started in e-commerce and listened to the podcast about starting an online clothing label. As the podcast progressed I found myself thinking of questions I would ask if I were conducting the interview and within a few seconds Terry asked them! Nice job getting into the brain of the novice online retailer. Very informative – I will be using things I learned in this podcast in my business!
This is a great podcast. My wife and I are in the process of creating an online business and listening to all of the other Internet business gurus are great but none as focused on subject matter (Ecommerce) and Terry’s. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Terry…started listening recently and everything is great so far. Covers lots of of topics but also gets into helpful detail. I look forward to more episodes!
Terry is a good interviewer and has interesting guests with a lot of information to share. I’ve listened to 4 or 5 already and they are so full of good knowledge, none of it theory, all of it practical. When you get out into the real world, they tell you to forget most of what you learned in school or boot camp. These guys being interviewed are like the boss who is telling you what you need to know to get going in the real world. Very practical podcast, I love it!!