In this episode, we go behind the scenes of an eCommerce business that sells high-end cat furniture. Dan Andrews join us from Vietnam for a quick interview about Modern Cat Designs. Modern Cat Designs provides upscale and functional cat furniture that fits into the stylish modern home.
- Why should you sell expensive products?
- Dan’s B2B vs B2C eCommerce experiences
- Tips for manufacturing in the US vs China
- Challenges of holding inventory, cash flows, and new product creation
- Efficient ways to find good CAD designers
- How to decide between in-house fulfillment and 3rd party providers
- Why you should adopt a partnership mentality with your supplier
- The 80/20 of negotiating with suppliers in China
Mentions in the Episode:
- Dan and Ian’s Businesses: Modern Cat Designs / Portable Bar Company
- Dan’s Blog: Lessons Learned From Seven Years of China Factory Visits
- IDC Report – Over a Third of all U.S. Residents Use Mobile Payments [Article] [Press Release]
- My Wife Quit Her Job – How We Doubled Our Sales by Designing a Mobile Site
- Four Hour Workweek
- Peter Keller’s Business: Fringesport
Episode Length: 22:25
- Direct Download: Or right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via app for streaming and RSS for subscriptions
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Stitcher: Internet radio Stream
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, please help leave a positive review on iTunes!