Paid ads have always been a double-edged sword to learn on your own. There is a learning curve on each platform along with nailing down your targeting, bids, and conversions. Chances are you will lose some money starting out and in this episode we talk about how to get the most out of that investment on PLAs, Facebook, Retargeting, Adwords, Bing, and Pinterest.
Sidenote: If you are looking to sell an e-commerce site, our friends over at Empire Flippers can help you out. Anything with a stable monthly net profit is on the table as they’ve gotten a lot of buyer demand kicking off 2015. Even if it’s just doing a few hundred a month, it’s worth looking into so get in touch with me if that’s on your mind.
- Investing in the learning curve of paid advertisements
- Narrowing down your idea customer assumptions with testing
- The iterative process of focusing on the ones that work
- Product listing ads: Complicated to set up but smooth sailing afterwards
- Facebook ads: Testing demographic assumptions and finding ones that work
- Retargeting ads: Cart abandonment retargeting and interested visitors
- Adwords: A double edged sword for those starting out?
- Bing: Is this platform worth investing in?
- Pinterest: Overview, initial experience, and future plans
Mentions In The Episode:
Episode Length: 36:35
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
Great show and very interesting topic. Keep up the great work guys