BRANCHED was co-founded by Jon Hill who has a passion for sustainability in fashion products. Launched initially as a part-time gig, Jon brought wooden watches WeWood and eco-friendly sunglasses Proof Eyewear to the Australian market as their distributor. Jon shares his experience in getting launched, building a customer base, and his experiences in dealing with offline retailers.
- 03:00 – Becoming the distributor of WeWood watches in Australia
- 04:30 – How to pitch yourself to become a distributor and initial KPIs
- 06:30 – What manufacturers look for in a good distributor
- 09:30 – Understanding the value-add of being a local distributor
- 11:00 – Getting the manufacturer to trust you with marketing
- 12:00 – Current market of eco-friendly wooden watches
- 14:00 – Localized social media marketing campaigns
- 16:30 – Top-down picture of offline vs. online distribution
- 18:30 – Turning down drop-shippers as they are not worth the time
- 19:00 – Working with 3rd party agents to manage relationships with retailers
- 23:30 – Is the Eco-friendly movement sustainable in the long term?
Mentions in the Episode:
Episode Length: 25:01
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!