How does a 18-year old business continue to build brand equity, customer engagement, and financial success? Tune in to hear how Chrome Industries has grown into a household name in messenger bags and urban apparel with E-Commerce Director Kyle Duford. We discuss the importance of building a unique customer experience (online + offline) and snowballing brand equity into a business asset that sets you apart from the competition.
- 05:00 – Background of Chrome Industries and their products
- 06:30 – Ignoring the competition and forging your own path
- 10:00 – Chrome’s business model with offline and online channels
- 14:00 – Having a content and engagement focus online
- 18:30 – How content drives the brand experience at the online store
- 20:00 – Video marketing, product pages, and conversions
- 24:00 – Why Chrome doesn’t use 360 product photography
- 27:00 – E-commerce design styles and minimalist trends
- 30:00 – Framework and process for basic A/B testing
- 37:00 – Main online marketing channels of Chrome Industries
- 43:00 – Instagram, community building, and not being “in your face”
- 49:00 – Future of mobile, local, and the offline shopping experience
Mentions in the Episode:
Episode Length: 55:09
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!