How do you buy an e-commerce website? Ophelie Lechat, Head of Marketing at Flippa joins us this week for a quick 101 course on buying and selling websites. Flippa is the largest marketplace for buying and selling websites online.
- 04:30 – Background of buying/selling websites online
- 07:00 – Types of websites for sale on Flippa?
- 08:30 – PayPal e-Check frauds you should be aware of
- 11:30 – Why do some people want to sell profitable websites?
- 13:00 – Why is there a listing fee on Flippa?
- 14:30 – Why it makes sense for some people to buy websites starting out
- 16:00 – Valuation of websites and some common practices
- 20:00 – How to narrow down a list of websites to buy
- 21:30 – How to verify people on Flippa with some simple checks
- 24:00 – Is escrow worth the extra transaction cost?
- 28:00 – Typical timeline of buying a site to completing the transaction
- 29:30 – What % of sites sell on their first auction?
- 32:30 – Checking the SEO health / link profiles of the website on sale
- 35:00 – Selling apps on Flippa and future additions to the platform
Mentions in the Episode:
- How I Made A Product In China – Part 1, Part 2
- JP from Top Condoms Canada / China Business Cast / Pro Teeth Guard
- Empire Flippers
- Matt Cutts
Episode Length: 38:50
Blogs Post To Check Out:
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!