Surfset Fitness is a total body workout program inspired by surfing. Tune in to hear how founder Mike Hartwick and his team got over six figures in pre-sales before manufacturing products, and continued to grow the business after getting investment on ABC’s Shark Tank.
- 04:00 – What makes Surfset Fitness unique and different
- 07:30 – Workout routines and different demographics of ideal customer
- 11:00 – Full-body workouts vs traditional Olympic weightlifting
- 14:00 – Developing the first prototype and MVP
- 16:00 – Collecting pre-sales via workshops to validate the idea
- 19:00 – Why having an MBA was a disadvantage for entrepreneurship
- 22:30 – Finding the customers – gym owners, personal trainers, or individuals?
- 26:00 – The B2B and B2C integrated business model of Surfset Fitness
- 30:00 – Getting on Shark Tank Season 4 and the audition process
- 36:00 – Mark’s experience on Shark Tank
- 44:30 – Why the things you fear never come true
Mentions in the Episode:
Episode Length: 50:07
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!