We’re ditching the 1:1 interview format this week for a roundtable discussion with Andrew Youderian and Ezra Firestone on what they would do differently if they had to start over again. Both have been in the e-commerce business for many years, and have stores with well over $1M in sales. Tune in to hear their biggest business lessons and insider tips on how they would get up and running again today.
- 07:00 – Six things Andrew and Ezra would do differently today
- 11:30 – What are some long-term challenges 3-5 years down the road?
- 13:30 – Which e-commerce business model would they go with?
- 18:00 – Would Kickstarter be an option to consider?
- 21:30 – What would they do in the first seven days?
- 27:30 – What if you’re stuck at niche selection and analysis paralysis?
- 30:00 – How to find a unique value proposition for your online store?
- 35:00 – How would they invest the starting capital?
- 40:00 – Which form of marketing would they go with?
- 46:00 – What are Product Listing Ads (PLAs)?
Mentions in the Episode:
- E-Commerce Fuel Podcast
- Smart Marketer
- Think Act Get
- Business Idea Smackdown – Tropical MBA Podcast
- Part 2 of How I Created A Product In China
- International E-Commerce
- The Tile
- Original Grain (Episode #57)
- Boosted Boards
- BOOM by Cindy Joseph
- Trolling Motors
- Right Channel Radios
- Episode #14 with Andrew Youderian
- Episode #33 with Ezra Firestone
Episode Length: 50:26
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!