We’re ditching the 1:1 interview format this week for a roundtable discussion with Andrew Youderian and Ezra Firestone on what they would do differently if they had to start over again. Both have been in the e-commerce business for many years, and have stores with well over $1M in sales. Tune in to hear their biggest business lessons and insider tips on how they would get up and running again today.
- 07:00 – Six things Andrew and Ezra would do differently today
- 11:30 – What are some long-term challenges 3-5 years down the road?
- 13:30 – Which e-commerce business model would they go with?
- 18:00 – Would Kickstarter be an option to consider?
- 21:30 – What would they do in the first seven days?
- 27:30 – What if you’re stuck at niche selection and analysis paralysis?
- 30:00 – How to find a unique value proposition for your online store?
- 35:00 – How would they invest the starting capital?
- 40:00 – Which form of marketing would they go with?
- 46:00 – What are Product Listing Ads (PLAs)?
Mentions in the Episode:
- E-Commerce Fuel Podcast
- Smart Marketer
- Think Act Get
- Business Idea Smackdown – Tropical MBA Podcast
- Part 2 of How I Created A Product In China
- International E-Commerce
- The Tile
- Original Grain (Episode #57)
- Boosted Boards
- BOOM by Cindy Joseph
- Trolling Motors
- Right Channel Radios
- Episode #14 with Andrew Youderian
- Episode #33 with Ezra Firestone
Episode Length: 50:26
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!
I have a question that I thought Terry or the community on “Build My Online” Store could help me with.
Does anyone know how to create an affiliate program with your own physical product ecommerce store? I am not looking for a clickbank or anything like that (i.e. not selling an ebook).
I want to provide bloggers and people in my local community (small businesses) with the opportunity to make a commission of the ecommerce referral sales. However, I can’t figure out the software necessary to track the links and thus commission. Any help would be great -reply here or to email@example.com
Thank you 🙂
Sara HasOffers would work:
Hi Ezra, Andrew, Terry: Great podcast, thanks for taking the time to make it. Some really valuable stuff in here. I like the format. Ezra, would you mind sharing the software you mentioned at about minute 46 which auto tests for those products that are making profit on PLA? If it’s not possible to share it publicly, would you mind shooting me a message with it? Cheers, Robin
“We are seeing content marketing and physical product marketing merge” -Ezra
I think this is very true and I’ve been implementing it into my business right now as a means to inform and educate my customers as well as become an authority in our field, even though we are quite new in the niche.
One thing I noticed is once you’ve combed through 20-30 blogs in your niche, you get a good sense on what content the customer is looking for or resonates with – otherwise those blogs wouldn’t be so big.
Not sure why I can’t play this podcast?
So good I’m listening to it for the 2nd time. Thanks!