This week Terry has a Q&A with Travis on Facebook Ad targeting, optimization, and setup. Having just started a few campaigns, we go over some best practices, tracking results, and how to make the most out of the platform. It’s quite a technical episode, and we are assuming you’ve at least tried Facebook Ads once and understand what the backend looks like. Travis is also in Bangkok and Singapore this month starting from Feb 12th, so reach out to him if you’d like to meet up.
- Targeting: Audience size, demographics, and overall strategy
- Broad vs. narrow approach to finding the right audience
- Measuring results using CTR, pageviews, and average revenue perpageview
- How to decide which campaigns to shut down or optimize
- How to track results from each campaign on your website
- Creating lateral campaigns and testing new audiences
- Resetting all the data and tracking every quarter
- Remarketing through Facebook and demographic targeting
- Understanding and utilizing campaigns, ad sets, and ads
Mentions In The Episode:
Episode Length: 29:44
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
There are many things that I’d like to ask or Travis, since I actually work in an agency running Paid search for various mayor brands and some things of the episode left me wondering:
Do you only do ads for your website? Or do you run a campaign for your FB fanpage?
Do you use the Power editor?
One of the things most entrepreneurs and E-commerce can take advantage of are Custom Audiences from the Power Editor and it didn’t get a shoutout this ep. I’d love to hear your opinions on this or if Terry might try one of these little more “advanced” techs.
We talked about it offline briefly but didn’t have enough experience to really put it on the episode. Dark posts is something to explore too but neither of us are really doing it yet I think.
Cool, Dark posts and Promotions are really awesome if you can get them working. if you need help setting any of them up, I’d be glad to help you.