Dave Huss from E-Commerce Double joins us this week to talk about paid traffic, conversion optimization, and remarketing channels online. Dave runs the paid traffic campaigns of multiple e-commerce businesses, including The Portable Bar Company and Modern Cat Designs.
- 03:00 – Environment of paid search and Google Adwords
- 03:30 – Common mistakes people make with Adwords
- 05:00 – Negative keywords to further target your paid ads
- 06:00 – Optimizations with your buy buttons
- 07:30 – Split testing with Optimizely
- 08:00 – Testing out product titles
- 10:00 – Jumping to conclusions too early and statistical significance of split tests
- 12:00 – Don’t send paid traffic to your homepage
- 13:00 – Shipping cost disclosure, optimization, and cart abandonment
- 16:00 – High-touch sales, having a phone number, and conversions
- 18:30 – Adwords spending and selling high-priced items
- 19:00 – AdRoll, Re-marketing, and display targeting
Mentions in the Episode:
Episode Length: 24:06
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!
I think Staples is remarketing to me via facebook ads/sponsored posts. I looked at at item the other day on their site, they sent me an email about the item after I left the site (I didn’t even put it in my shopping cart yet), and now similar items are showing up as facebook ads and sponsored post’s.
Yeah it’s kind of funny, I stopped by Marie Forleo’s site randomly the other day and started getting hit with her B-School training program although it’s only for women I think, haha!
Remarketing is really catching on now – I even got served youtube ad videos for CrazyEgg after I visited their site.