Do you write your website or sales copy yourself? Maybe it’s time to have someone else take a look if your conversions are low. This week I speak with Aimee Kunau of Rockit Copywriting where we discuss some tips and benefits of hiring a copywriter for your online business.
- 03:30 – Creative writing vs copywriting
- 05:00 – Common objections in hiring copywriters
- 07:00 – Why pay someone when you can write copy yourself
- 09:00 – How to find the brand voice
- 09:30 – Target market, unique selling proposition, and copy
- 11:00 – Red flags of a bad copywriter
- 14:30 – “It’s not about you, it’s about them”
- 15:00 – Brand building and content marketing
- 19:00 – The dance of copywriting and marketing
- 20:30 – Standing above the competition by differentiation
- 23:30 – Why vague copy won’t cut it now
- 25:00 – Good examples of websites with great copy
- 27:00 – Measuring the metrics of copywriting
- 31:00 – Email Opt-in copywriting tips
Mentions in the Episode:
- RockIt Copywriting
- American Writers and Artists Inc
- SEO Copywriting
- Content Marketing
- Google Analytics
- 5 Most Persuasive Words in English
Episode Length: 35:20
- Direct Download: Or right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!
Nice episode. I love listening to copywriters because I totally suck at it 🙂
Same – started handwriting some copy to get some practice!
That’s a great idea, I’ll have to try it this week.