This week we take a detour and explore what it’s like to run a bootstrap vs. funded startup in the eCommerce space. Gulnaz Khusainova is the founder of EasySize, a data-driven service that helps fashion retailers reduce their return rates. This is a huge problem in some countries where return rates can be as high as 45%. We explore how Gulnaz bootstrapped the first year and eventually raised angel money.
- What is EasySize and how it solves the “girlfriend problem”
- Why fashion retailers have different sizes and the potential for big data
- Identifying pain points between consumers and B2B clients
- Bootstrapping vs. raising angel investments or VC money
- What is dumb vs. smart money?
- Three questions to ask before you raise money
- Updating, communicating, and setting expectations with investors
- Challenges as a young woman in the male dominated tech scene
Mentions In The Episode
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune