What does it take to drop $100,000 and put your house on collateral to start a business? Hanna Lim from Lollaland joins us this week to talk about her journey in finding manufacturers, getting retailers on board, and her success following an appearance on ABC’s Shark Tank in Season 3.
- 03:30 – Background of Lollacup and being a first-time mom
- 08:00 – Is writing a business plan useful?
- 09:30 – Putting $100,000 of personal money to start the business
- 11:30 – Learning the industry terminology from scratch
- 13:00 – Spending 12-months on execution, prototyping, and manufacturing
- 15:00 – Getting the first batch of orders made (3,000 units)
- 18:00 – Pounding the pavement for retail distribution
- 22:30 – Applying to be on the Shark Tank
- 25:00 – Deciding on valuation and maximum equity % to give up
- 29:00 – Working with Mark Cuban and Robert Herjavec
- 33:00 – Blogger outreach and building community relationships
- 37:30 – Handling feedback from family and friends starting out
Mentions in the Episode:
Episode Length: 44:36
Blogs Post To Check Out:
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!