Lex McColl is a professional product photographer that’s been in the business for over 30 years shooting jewelery, watches, and luxury fashion accessories. In this episode, Lex shares the basics of product photography and how a smartphone can hold up to Digital SLR cameras with the right set of tools.
- 80/20 to smartphone product photography
- Exposure, lighting, and apps for metering control
- Artificial light vs. natural light
- Alternatives to Adobe Photoshop
- Limits of smartphone photography
- Common mistakes of DIY product photography
March 2014 mastermind calls will kick off soon.
Join the mastermind list to get more info when it opens up.
Mentions in the Episode:
- Product Photography Lighting Guide
- Camera+ (iPhone)
- FV-5 (Android)
- Snapseed – iPhone / Android
Episode Length: 24:07
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune