Are you using your rolodex of customers effectively to make better business decisions? David Inniss from San Diego CRM joins us this week to talk about how to strategically use your customer data to grow your business and increase sales. CRM is often used just as a tool to keep track of contact information, but David shares with us how to unlock the potential and apply it to grow your business.
- 05:00 – What is customer relationship management (CRM)?
- 07:30 – Multiplication effect and business relationship building
- 08:30 – Differences in CRM 20-years ago vs today
- 10:00 – Implication of social media on business CRM
- 12:00 – Why CRM is not a magic bullet that will organize everything
- 15:00 – How CRM fits into the sales cycle now
- 18:30 – Using empirical data to make business decisions
- 19:00 – Business process mapping to determine KPIs
- 23:30 – Drilling down with detailed data on performance
- 25:30 – Customer management and lifetime value
- 26:30 – Honeymoon period of a customer after purchasae
- 29:00 – Common CRM mistakes that start-ups make vs. enterprise
- 35:00 – Old-school relationship building
- 37:00 – Technology and efficiency in relationship building
- 40:00 – Social media and its implications to B2B and B2C CRM
- 45:00 – Modelling the ideal customer and marketing efforts
- 47:00 – Key things to note when switching between CRM systems
- 49:30 – Building an E-Commerce platform and CRM system together
- 52:30 – Why a start-up should slow down and think strategically about CRM
Mentions in the Episode:
Episode Length: 57:54
- Direct Download: Or right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!