What are some challenges of selling perishable food online? Tune in to this episode to hear how Jourdan Gray, founder of Earth Source developed this business idea from a life-changing event. Earth Source was established to work with farmers to further improve the quality and consistency of their crops in order to harvest fresh picked, properly ripened, delicious varieties of produce and deliver it directly to you.
- 08:00 – Background of Earth Source and tropical fruits market
- 11:00 – Pitalls of the standard diet with processed foods
- 13:00 – Finding the business idea and unique selling proposition
- 15:00 – Breaking into an established market as an outsider
- 18:00 – Building an offline B2B wholesale channel for the business
- 20:30 – Initial frustrations with meager beginnings
- 23:00 – Communicating the value proposition of food in e-commerce
- 26:00 – What is their ideal customer profile
- 27:30 – 100% satisfaction guarantee for replacement or refund
- 30:00 – How business is an opportunity to make change in the world
- 32:00 – Changing dynamics of the industry and definition of value
- 36:00 – Getting customers to buy new products they’ve never tried before
Mentions in the Episode:
Episode Length: 41:23
Blogs Post To Check Out:
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!