In this episode, I interview Tristan King from Shopify Ninjas on some design basics of an eCommerce store. Tristan started out with Shopify, and after building several stores for his own ventures, he began specializing in it, helping friends and clients build killer online stores on Shopify eCommerce platform.
With over 10 years in web production, development, usability and project management, Tristan has done work for companies like IBM, Accenture and Deloitte, and clients like the Australian Government, Insurance Agencies, GE Finance and Major Banks. These days he just loves helping smaller businesses establish sexy-looking, sustainable websites that are a joy to manage.
- Shopify’s angle from a developer’s standpoint
- The engine of Shopify – Liquid
- Getting your feet wet with trial and error customization
- Common design mistakes new store make
- Why you should put yourself in the users shoes
- The best places to put your buy button (s)
- Paths of store design – free, paid, and custom themes
- Ballpark cost of free, paid, and custom themes
- Cost/benefit analysis of a fully customized store design
- Tips for cart abandonment optimization and shipping disclosure
- Should customers create a user for purchase?
- Pros/Cons of Shopify and what they can improve upon
- Selling information products on the Shopify platform
- Switching between eCommerce platforms
Mentions in the Episode:
- Shopify Ninjas
- Shopify App: Metatagger
- Shopify App: Abandon
- Shopify App: Odoro
Episode Length: 38:24
- Direct Download: Or right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!