Dave Huss from E-Commerce Double joins us this week to talk about paid traffic, conversion optimization, and remarketing channels online. Dave runs the paid traffic campaigns of multiple e-commerce businesses, including The Portable Bar Company and Modern Cat Designs.
- 03:00 – Environment of paid search and Google Adwords
- 03:30 – Common mistakes people make with Adwords
- 05:00 – Negative keywords to further target your paid ads
- 06:00 – Optimizations with your buy buttons
- 07:30 – Split testing with Optimizely
- 08:00 – Testing out product titles
- 10:00 – Jumping to conclusions too early and statistical significance of split tests
- 12:00 – Don’t send paid traffic to your homepage
- 13:00 – Shipping cost disclosure, optimization, and cart abandonment
- 16:00 – High-touch sales, having a phone number, and conversions
- 18:30 – Adwords spending and selling high-priced items
- 19:00 – AdRoll, Re-marketing, and display targeting
Mentions in the Episode:
Episode Length: 24:06
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!