Welcome to Part 3 of 3 in the Amazon E-Commerce series. In this episode, we’ll discuss the logistics and fulfillment of your product. Bill D’Alessandro sells his own line of skincare products on both Amazon and his own store. In addition, he also uses FBA and two other 3PL services to run his business. Bill also blogs about E-Commerce over at RebelCEO.com
- 05:30 – Story of KP Elements
- 08:30 – When should you outsource fulfillment to a 3PL?
- 09:30 – Overview of Shipwire
- 14:00 – Barcodes and SKU labels for inventory
- 18:00 – Which 3PL is ideal if you’re starting with low volumes?
- 21:00 – How to choose between Amazon FBA vs. Shipwire
- 23:00 – Backend and inside peek of Amazon FBA
- 25:00 – Listing on Amazon and using FBA in conjunction
- 26:30 – Long-term storage costs of not moving inventory
- 28:00 – Amazon customer service and refund policies
- 30:00 – Getting better search rankings on Amazon by using FBA
- 31:30 – Is there cannibalization of sales by listing on Amazon?
- 34:00 – On-boarding process of Amazon FBA vs. Shipwire
- 36:00 – Is the sales momentum on Amazon worth the fees?
Sales Since Listing On FBA
Mentions in the Episode:
- Gypsy CEO apprenticeship (Starts Jan 14, 2014)
- KP Elements on Amazon
- KP Elements
- Bill on E-Commerce Fuel
- Bill on E-Commerce Pulse
- Amazon FBA
- Fifth Gear
Episode Length: 39:11
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!