The world’s first soft toys based on real-life shelter adoption and rescue animals. We believe we can change the way kids ask for their first family pet. Tune in to hear how Suzy built this idea into a viral eCommerce business that solves a core problem within the animal rescue industry.
CharlieDogs was created with a double mission: make the highest-quality stuffed animals, base on real-life shelter adoption success stories. Tell their stories with colorful hangtags that also point the way to the pets’ websites and rescue causes; show the eminent adoptability and adorability of these animals. Most importantly, raise money for cash-strapped rescue groups and the shelters from which the real-life animals came.
- Background of the animal shelter business
- Solving the gap of funding and donations
- Using presales to test market demand of your product
- The method of engagement works best on Facebook
- Creating emotional connections with customers
- Getting the charity model right
- Trusting your gut instinct and taking a leap of faith
Mentions in the Episode:
- CharlieDog and Friends
- Cesar Millan – The Dog Whisperer
- Calvin and Hobbes
- Help A Reporter Out
Episode Length: 28:31
- Direct Download: Or right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via app for streaming and RSS for subscriptions
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Stitcher: Internet radio streaming
- Zune: Listen via Zune
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!