Travis and I both read “Trust Me, I’m Lying” by Ryan Holiday the past week. The book came out a few years ago and drew a lot of controversy from both fans and haters, but we didn’t put much effort into reading it until now. In this episode we do a quick book review, and discuss some key strategies an e-commerce store can leverage with a small budget.
- How did journalism start and evolve since the 1920s?
- What is the page-view economy?
- How does the modern media machine work?
- Who do publishers try everything to get page-views?
- Bloggers are poor, what should you do about that?
- How can an e-commerce store take advantage of this?
- What are shady ways to create your own buzz?
- How can you find the angle of your story?
- What emotions get people to share content?
- What are some examples and tools to use?
Mentions In The Episode:
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Radio streaming
- Blackberry: Listen via the Blackberry Podcast App
- Zune: Listen via Zune